Wednesday, June 2, 2010

May Showers Bring June Flowers

Excerpt From a Painting by Francis Bacon
12 x 12
Mixed Media on board

The month of May was doomed to rain. This is typical in Portland which I think of as overcast and rainy nine months of the year. While the normal spring-jingle goes "April showers bring May flowers" it can be sang in Portland that "May showers bring June flowers".

Tomorrow is the monthly street gallery I participate at with a friend but the forecast calls for rain. I'm crossing my fingers that June is not doomed to rain as May was.

The painting above seemed fitting for an entry such as this. It was one of the 50 Project I did exploring a limited palette. I had a lot of fun doing this painting and I think it was completed in the span of 45 minutes. Sometimes the universe gives you one (just as it takes one away).

No comments:

Post a Comment