Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Moody Broody

Last week I was turned down for a showing because the general tone of my paintings is too dark. I expect this, I mean, they are pretty "dark". I don't know about too, but they are dark. I wish there was another word for dark? I was watching a film the other day and I heard the quip "moody broody" and I like it! Anyway, this series of paintings does not belong in an ice cream shop or the like. I'm not sure where they belong.

1,000 Dreams on Fire
12" x 12"
Mixed media on board

Most Accidents Occur At Home
12" x 12"
Mixed media on board

The rejection of the black and whites has given me the perfect opportunity to explore another series I've stumbled on.. ..but I don't foresee my foray into the black and whites ending anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment